This window allows you to setup profit center variables used for Other charges such as storage, shipping, special state fees, etc.
Variables can also be assigned to parts, fluids & ttires for special charges depending on the individual item.
(i.e. California charges a $1.00 fee for every battery sold. You can create a variable to charge $1.00 and assign it to all the batteries in
your inventory. When the battery is charged, $1.00 will be charged to the variable on the work order. These charges can also be assigned
on the fly, from the work order.
To open the Variables window, select File, Settings (Alt + F, S)
from the main drop-down menu, click the Variables link.
wTop: Moves to the top of the page.
Save: Saves the variables. (Enter or Alt + S)
Close: Closes the Variables window. (Esc or Alt + C)
Help: Opens context sensitive help. (F1)
dDisabled in demo.
tTire program only.
wWeb interface only.
~Saves setting for all locations if selected. (Multi-Location administrator only)
- d~Variable Title: Title of the variable.
- d~Use Calculation: Uses the specified method to calculate the dollar amount charged.
- d~Amount: Dollar amount or percentage of the variable.
- d~Dollar Amount $: Charges the variable as a dollar amount, per quantity of the item charged.
- d~Percentage %: Charges the variable as a percentage based on the subtotal of the work order.
- d~Max $: Maximum charge for the variable.
(0.00 will set the variable with no maximum.).
See Also: Summary | Settings